Succulents are beautiful plants to be seen in one’s house daily, while pets, Horsefield Tortoise especially, loves it so much. Hence, you need to be careful to keep the unsafe ones away and edible plants close.
Can Horsefield Tortoise Eat Agave? SAFE/NOT?
Agaves are safe for your Tortoise, but to keep this plant in total edibility, you need not apply chemicals such as; insecticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
ALSO SEE: Can Horsefield Tortoise eat African Diasies?
Succulents got a beauty that makes everyone’s heart so slippery that they fall for them. Below is the list of safe succulents, including Agaves, that your pet can eat:
- Desert Rose or Adenium obesum
- Begonias or Begonia sp.
- Aloe or Aloe sp.
- Agave or Agave sp.
- Hen and Chicks or Echeveria sp.
- Housesleeks or Sempervivum sp.
- Ice plants or Mesembryanthemaceae family
- Live Forever or Sedum purpureum
- Moss Roses, Purselane, or Portulaca sp.
- Prickly Pear Cacrus or Opuntia sp.
- Slime Lilies
- Spiderwort or Tradescantia pinetorum and occidentials
- Sticky Monkey Flower or Mimulus aurantiacus
- Stonecrops or Sedum sp.
A safe thing to do, to make things secured, is to water your succulents in pots and keep them on a very high surface. Since we all know that Tortoise does not work on walls or jump.
Do Horsefield Tortoise like Agave?
Horsefield likes Agave for sure, but you need to feed your pet with moderation. Safe and secured food kills too, and this is when it becomes taken or unsafely dished. A large quantity of it is dangerous, it leads to runny poop or damaged bowel movement. Then, mulberry leaves are also a great deal for your pet.
The toxic plants are:
- Arrowhead Vine or Synogium podophyllum
- Azelea or Rhododendron Occidentale
- Bird of Paradise or Strelitzia reginae
- Boston Ivy or Parthencocissis tricuspidata
- Boswood or Buxas Sempervirens
- Buttercup family or Ranunculus
- Calia Lizzy
- Castor bean or Ricinis communis
- Chinese evergreen
- Creeping Charlie or Glechoma hederacea
- Crowfoot or Ranunculus sceleratus
- Daffodil or Narcissus
- Dumb cane